Saturday 25 October 2014

Crafting with Chloe

So my niece Chloe and I enjoy spending time together in my studio. She has a very creative side and is loving learning how to scrapbook. We're creating tags and cards and cute pieces together which I'm going to share with all of you. She is a fast learner and we're creating some really beautiful pieces. I found an old Maya Roads chipboard tin that she's using to hold all of her creations. I'm excited because I finally get to fill up my 7 Gypsies triple spinner. (Remember this....sat in the back of the store unfinished for many years). 



So with Halloween only a week away I thought we should create something to celebrate the occasion. We started with a  chipboard diecut frame (using grundgeboard and a TH diecut). She loved using Tim's diecut machine. She thought it was a suitcase! We stamped numerous different stamps with Versa Mark and added clear embossing powder and heat set it. 


We then used a TH black paint dauber to paint the entire area. Before the paint dried we used paper towel to rub off the paint to expose the embossed areas. We then scuffed the edges with sand paper. 


We then started with a white piece of paper and I dug out the chalks (yes....chalk...I can't believe it! I haven't used then in years and years). Added a grey piece of torn card stock along the bottom, stamped the image and added the moon and bats. 


We finished it off with a diecut leaf, Halloween ticket and RIP tombstone. 

We then always finish off our projects by adding the date to the back with a date stamp. 

Hope you enjoyed our creation! 

No comments:

Post a Comment