Saturday 25 October 2014

My Studio

So anyone who has ever moved their scrapbook room will understand the daunting task to setting up a new space. I found mine even harder as not only did I have everything from my studio in Medicine Hat I had so many things from the store that needed to find a home. It made unpacking interesting to say the least. Just finding the right placement for the big pieces was tough enough. I moved my larger cabinet 3 times! In the end I am completely happy with my studio....except it could be bigger! It is full....beyond full! But it's my space, my happy place! 

So my favorite wall is this one. It represents my style and my space. Cindy found this wooden shelf (trim from an old door frame) at a garage sale and thought of me. I bought the vintage wooden press with 'my studio' on it in Edmonton and I just didn't have a good space for it in my old room....it has now found the perfect home! 

So, this my desk in the center of the room. I stand behind it and look at my beautiful 'my studio' wall and at my boys in the family room. 


I created a wall of wooden boxes and crates to house all of my paints, stains, mists, button jars and stuff...lots of stuff! It is a lot to take in from the picture (cluttered chaos actually lol). But I know where everything is. 



I love my suitcases! In there are some non-essentials. (Extra string, tiny letter stamps, foam stamps- yes I still have them!) and flowers. 


This is my favorite cabinet! I found it at Cozy Cottage in Calgary. The cubbies are the perfect size for 6x6 paper pads, 12x12 paper, acrylic stamps and TH diecuts. 



The rest of my room is a collection of my finished projects, mini albums, and lots of storage for 'my stuff'! 









And then there is my closet (the furnace room). I was upset with my contractors for telling me I needed to have 2 feet around the front and side of the water tank and furnace. It made my room much smaller than I wanted. But in the end I am happy with the hidden storage space it has given me. 


Well, that's it....My Studio! My creative space! The only thing I'm missing is a space to assemble kits. That's going to have to be done at my kitchen table.....I'm going to miss Karen and Cindy when it comes time to assemble! I might have to recruit my niece Chloe to help me :)

2 comments:

  1. Wooee!!! Lookin' good :-) You've always had such a knack at putting vintage items to practical use. Love your new space; can't wait to see what inspirations arise in it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woooee is right! I know it's overloaded but I love it! :) thanks Lindsy!!

      Delete